Thursday, September 4, 2008

I know I don't talk politics much, but...

I am absolutely loving Sarah Palin. This is a mom facing real challenges (being govenor of Alaska as well as being the VP running mate, a mom of five, and a soon to be grandmother) who shows what family is all about.

I, for one, am finding that I am focusing more and more on the VP position instead of the actual President. I am actually looking forwards to her running for President in 8 years. Not that she's sharing an information with me or anything, just that I'm hoping.

And just in case someone out there hasn't been privvy to all the Sarah Palin news and the Republican National Convention (going on in my home state of Minnesota!), say someone living in Canada, let me just share that Sarah not only says she is pro-life, but she lives it. She knew that her 5th child had down syndrome while pregnant and chose to have her sweet little boy, who is now only 4 months old. Her unwed teenage daughter is now 5 months pregnant, but instead of shunning her, the family is embracing her. We don't have to like what her daughter did, but that doesn't mean we can't openly accept what is to be.

Okay, I'll get off my high horse here, but tell me, are all the pro-life moms out there feeling this way? It seems to be how most of the blogs are that I'm reading.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey stranger, where are you? I want an update on how you and your family are doing.

Julie :)

Julie said...

Jennifer, where are you????

Julie

Unknown said...

Hi!

Don't know if you'll see this since it's on an older post but I wanted to thank you for stopping by Smithellaneous and for your comment; that was "good to know" info.

Sounds like you have a busier than busy life--enjoy!

Becky