Friday, June 13, 2008

The foyer

Remember when I said that I had ordered some vinyl words from scribbleitonline.com? Well, here they are in the finished project. And a picture of Mary that is also hanging in my foyer. I have to say that most of those frames cost $1-$2 at the Thrift Store and were simply spray painted black. The mats that are in some of the frames are made from $.25 scrapbook pages. I love projects that don't cost a lot of money.





You can click on the picture to make it larger, but this is what it says: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

This wall makes me very, very happy!

I had to edit to add that if you do click on the picture of Mary to make it bigger, you will see all the fingerprints and smudge marks. I apologize to all the Martha Stewart wanna-bes, but that is the way we live around here and I think the picture is still perfect!


10 comments:

The Nester said...

Girl, that wall is beautiful! I love the quote in the middle and am so impressed with your black frame grouping!

don't ever wash those finger prints!

Anne said...

Love it!

Julie said...

Beautiful, absolutely perfect!

You just gave me an idea for my foyer!

Julie

Darla said...

I love that picture with your (I assume your) baby's tongue out! HAHAHAHA SUPER CUTE!

I'm all about the wall words too!

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

love it. Where did you get the wall saying from?I want it for my wall.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

PS...Seven kids and you have time to come up with great ideas like this.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I've been wanting a vinyl wall quote to put with some pictures I have in our family room--and I think you may have found it for me. LOVE IT!!

~ Sarah

Unknown said...

super cute!

Elaine said...

I absolutely love the pic of Mary.
Made me laugh out loud!!!

Melissa Lester said...

That is a beautiful quote! How great to be reminded of that daily as you look at those precious photos!